The Drivers Cooperative-Colorado is a worker-owned platform cooperative for rideshare drivers. In collaboration with the Drivers Cooperative (New York), The Drivers Cooperative-Colorado aims to provide drivers with better working conditions and a democratic workplace where they have voice and control. Our goal is to create a better community alternative app that will support workers rather than being exploited by global corporations such as Uber and Lyft.
Using an alternative community-led app, Coop-Ride, workers will have access to better working conditions.
- More Income for Drivers:
- Drivers will retain 85% of each fare and 15% of each fare will come back to their cooperative for administrative costs.
- Hourly wages are expected to grow immediately as drivers are not subject to a higher commission fee for using an app at Uber and/or Lyft.
- Collective purchasing power within the coop
- The coop expects to build various partnerships to create collective purchasing strategies to lower driving costs. For instance, we can build partnerships with financial institutions (Credit Unions) to lower a monthly car payment; our members can get discounts for car-repairs; and our members can receive health benefits in the future.
- Democratic workplace:
- With a cooperative principle of “one person, one vote”, TDC-CO will be democratic workspace where workers elect their own board members.
- Supporting other community causes:
- We are committed to supporting other community causes under the cooperative principle of “concern for others.”
It’s time to come together.
Click here to sign up and help build driver owned rideshare in Colorado!
Support rideshare drivers in Colorado! Rideshare drivers need to change Colorado’s transportation app law to allow them to launch their own driver-owned cooperative as an alternative to Uber and Lyft.