September 7, 2023
The Rocky Mountain Employee Ownership Center (RMEOC) is incubating The Drivers Cooperative-Colorado, in collaboration with the Drivers Cooperative project in New York. The Drivers Cooperative-Colorado is a worker-owned cooperative that will be utilizing a Coop-Ride app, as a community-owned alternative app to Uber/Lyft in order to provide rideshare drivers with better wages and working conditions. The cooperative will be launched in early 2024. We are looking for a general manager with a strong vision and leadership to grow our cooperative.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing an enterprise, such as a small business, a start-up, a cooperative, or a nonprofit organization
- Commitment to the mission of the Drivers Cooperative and worker empowerment.
- At least five years of experience in raising funding to support a company, cooperative, or organization
- Experience working with underserved communities.
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience in managing a cooperative or having deep knowledge of cooperative principles and strategies is a plus
- Effective management of all aspects of the cooperative to ensure project growth
- Raise capital for the cooperative and manage finances to ensure project health
- Work collaboratively with Drivers Cooperative Board Members, clients, community partners, and public entities
- Design and maintain strategies to ensure democratic accountability of the cooperative to its worker owners
- Supervise all other coop staff
- Build good working relations with coop staff, board members and worker members
Salary: $78,000 a year. Health benefits are provided.
- A cover letter describing why you are interested in the position and why you are a good fit for the position.
- Three references with contact information
Starting date: Early November or December 2023 is preferable but negotiable. The latest start date is early January 2024.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com